Friday, July 24, 2009

Resume- A Rant

(excuse the poor poem: it's more feeling then rhythm)

First thing I learned in college:
A Resume is a Must!
No longer was it asked
if you enjoyed something (what a novel concept!)
rather it was,
"Will it look good on the Resume?"

Three years of Student Government
"A good line on the Resume!
Tell me, what did you accomplish?"
I hear a small voice, telling me
my work is done, step aside
"Oh no! The Resume! It will be neglected!"

A welding class
"Ach, can't fit on the Resume,
but telling employers is a must!"
No words spoken
of the tears, the frustration.

A change in jobs taken
because of God-given passions
and the Lord's satisfaction.
All swept aside
"What a good line on the Resume!"

No. I have no need
of a padded Resume.
For marriage I was created
as a helpmate and mother
God is my Resume, and I need no other.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hey, I think it's a really good poem!