Monday, June 14, 2010

Fried Chicken and Macaroni and Cheese

I tried my hand at southern cooking for my husband yesterday: made fried chicken for sunday evening dinner. Not only did I try two new recipes, I also had two friends over for dinner. Oops.

The macaroni and cheese turned out ok, I wasn't pleased with the result, but Daniel assured me it tasted great. I just like my cheese mixed in more.

The fried chicken....

The coating was bland, and (having never fried anything before) I had no idea how long it would take. I didn't cook it long enough to get cooked to the bone, so I served my friends and husband raw chicken with a crispy coating.

2 comments:

Carol Noren Johnson said...

Hope no one got sick from undercooked chicken!

Christine said...

The crispy coating was good. :) But really, those potatoes "made up" for the chicken. I could have eaten just that!